Thursday, May 8, 2008

What’s Up with My Life? Nah. It’s What’s DOWN with My Life

What’s Up with My Life? Nah. It’s What’s DOWN with It

How I feel right now

I feel like the biggest Homo Erroneous. Wondering what that means? Well, it’s a new species that I belong to. Basically, we are people who can’t seem to get anything right, but it’s not our fault. Call it bad luck. Call it whatever. I call it cruel twist of fate, this being born into the species Homo Erroneous. It’s like I don’t live in Mandaluyong City. It’s like I live in Error City. Wait, I don’t just live there, I’m the mayor there.


Why I’m Writing This

I’m writing this because I’m pissed off. Seriously. It’s not like I actually have anything against them, but I just feel like it’s so unfair. Okay, so this is what happened. I applied for the STFAP (Student Tuition Financial Assistance Program) to make the cost for my tuition fee go lower. The base fee is php 1,000 per unit, but it can go as low as php 600 or php 300. But then, when I checked, they placed me under Bracket A. That means that I would have to pay php 1,500 per unit instead. At first, I thought it was some mistake, but then they checked and they said that it was really what the result of the assessment was. Now, Bracket A is for those whose incomes exceed php 1,000, 000 annually. My parents don’t even have ITR’s. We passed Affidavits of Non-filing, with the statement that the annual income is around php 300, 000. Correct me if I’m wrong, but one million pesos does not equal to three hundred thousand. I have to take 18 units this semester. That would be the cost of around php 30, 000, with miscellaneous fees. Now, WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THAT? To think, that if I didn’t apply, I’d only have to pay around php 20, 000. I don’t know how they assessed that, but they are obviously, distinctly, evidently wrong. I know people who are in Bracket B and C who are far, far, far, far better off than I am. And how stupid can they be to actually even contemplate that someone applying for financial assistance desires to pay MORE than what they otherwise would??? I actually thought I won’t even be able to enroll anymore. Then I cried. Nothing dramatic, just angry tears storming down at midnight. I’ve never cried over money before. Why would they put me in Bracket A?!? Pardon my language, but that is just the most stupid, most asinine, most blockheaded, most doltish, most numskulled thing in the world. (I’ve got a lot more insults where that came from...) If someone from STFAP Office ever reads this, well. I actually want them to read this. So they’d know how excessively moronic and oafish and lethargic their decision was. CRETINS. (I’m just insulting. At least I’m not swearing. Yet.) Yeah, I am extremely pissed off. Pissed at inflation, at unfair decisions, at the whole damn stupid system. First they increase the tuition fee by 300 %, and now this? Wow. That’s just great, thanks.

What I Plan To Do

Of course I can’t burn the place down. Arson goes for twenty years to life. That’s if they catch and convict me, though. But I think that rarely happens in this country. Unless there’s a material witness who’s credible enough. I don’t know whether the NBI or the SOCO has a mass spectrometer/ gas chromatograph to prove probable cause of fire and the accelerant used. I haven’t heard of it. Mostly they say faulty wiring. Oh, wait. Once they said the cause (of a really big whole through the roof and the destruction of a whole wing of a shopping mall via a colossal explosion, I’m sure you remember,) was the gas methane. Right. Let’s pretend I didn’t perceive that as the complete testament of Philippine Forensic incompetence. (Methane explosions occur in environments like coal mines and collieries. That means that you’d need a long period of incubation in a large, undisturbed area with high temperatures. Read: mines. The decomposition of sludge by anaerobic bacteria in sewage-treatment processes also produces a gas rich in methane, but is sewage-treatment in a mall basement even remotely large or undisturbed enough? I saw the diagrams on TV. Come on. Plus, considering the size and pattern of the explosion, which blew a hole through the roof at least three floors from the basement and a progressive fire, I think that suggests C4 or some other explosive. Methane fires spread through areas permeated by the methane itself. I think it had a lot to do with WHO it happened to, instead of WHAT happened. The irony of justice.) Wait, if I do get convicted with arson, I’m a minor! That means I get disciplinary action in a less threatening environment. But then, I can be tried as an adult on the grounds of planning, premeditation and desire to inflict damage. Wait. Where was I before I rambled on about this? Oh, yeah. What I plan to do. I plan to take out a student loan. That’s it. Hahaha. I feel much better now. Sorry if I bored you with my stupid life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment