Friday, May 2, 2008

Kudos to the French-Speaking People of the World

***Wow, I haven't written anything in forever. Okay, two months. What have I been doing? Hahaha.***

Kudos to the French-speaking people of the world.

Why? Well... I’ve been trying to learn the language for a few days now... Of course I started with the basics... (Thanks to Ate Karen there.)

Je m’appelle Roseann. Je seize ans.

I haven’t gotten very far. Obviously. I do know the numbers and some of the adjectives and pronouns—written, not spoken. Writing French and speaking French two entirely very different matters. But, back to my point. Yes I am trying to make one.

French is such a beautiful language. But, in my opinion, it’s one of the hardest. Pronouncing it is, quite frankly, murderous, but once you get it, it’s like you are personifying elegance, poise and grace. It’s so beautifully poetic it gives a whole new meaning to things. I love their language, like I love Tagalog and English. The difference being I am quite fluent in the latter mentioned and a struggler with the former. So, kudos to the French-speaking people of the world... Natives of France or otherwise.

Hmm. Someday, somehow, I will be fluent in that language too. I hope.

A plus tard! Journee!

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment