Sunday, August 10, 2008

villains

On Antagonism

Some of my Favorite Villain Quotes.
Yay!!! =)


"Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!"- Cruella de Ville, 101 Dalmatians
(She was plain evil. It's all in the name. And that laugh was priceless.)


"She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"

- Norman Bates in Psycho
"Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side."

- Darth Vader

"After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment, the sound of my own blood gushing from the stump of my neck? That would be the pleasure to end all pleasures."

- Serial killer Peter Kurten to his executioner... July 1, 1932, Cologne's Koingelputz Prison
(Yeah. True story.)

"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my desk."

- Horror writer Stephen King


"I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."

- Hannibal Lecter


"You'll soon find out some Wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

- J.K. Rowling, spoken by Draco Malfoy in HP and The Sorcerer's Stone


"Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my ... displeasure."


and


"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death — if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

- J.K. Rowling, spoken by Severus Snape


"Using defensive spells?" Professor Umbridge repeated with a little laugh. "Why, I can't imagine any situation arising in my classroom that would require you to use a defensive spell, Miss Granger. You surely aren't expecting to be attacked during class? "I do not wish to criticize the way things have been run in this school," she said, an unconvincing smile stretching her wide mouth, "but you have been exposed to some very irresponsible wizards in this class, very irresponsible indeed - not to mention," she gave a nasty little laugh, "extremely dangerous half-breeds."

- J.K. Rowling, spoken by Dolores Umbridge


"Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore."

- J.K. Rowling, spoken by Lord Voldemort


...lastly, the coolest vampire ever, The Vampire Lestat (not exactly villain, though.)


"You do get wiser when you've lived hundreds of years; but you also have more time to turn out as badly as your enemies always said you might."


and


"It's an awful truth that suffering can deepen us, give a greater luster to our colors, a richer resonance to our words. That is, if it doesn't destroy us, if it doesn't burn away the optimism and the spirit, the capacity for visions, and the respect for the simple yet indispensable things."
- Anne Rice, spoken by the character The Vampire Lestat in The Queen of the Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment