Sunday, May 31, 2009

QUERY

I was digging through my stuff last night when I dug up an old Query box. I never did use it, so I’m going to, just for the hell of it. Here are the first twenty:

1. IF YOU HAD TO DO RESEARCH ON ONE THING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD YOU RESEARCH ON?

That’s easy! Gender and Sexuality, with slight focus on Feminism.

2. IF YOU WERE STUCK ON A DESERT ISLAND AND COULD ONLY HAVE ONE KIND OF FOOD FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Kind, right? Seafood.

3. WHAT IMAGES COME TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU ARE ASKED ABOUT YOUR CHILDHOOD?

The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. My fifth birthday party. My dog best friend, Lulu. The 73 in music class. Bankruptcy. The Land of Oz, by L. Frank Baum. Narnia! Swimming.

4. WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE YOU’D GIVE YOURSELF TODAY?

Don’t worry too much.

5. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF: YOU SUDDENLY FOUND OUT YOU WERE AN HEIR TO A ROYAL FAMILY’S FORTUNE BUT WOULD HAVE TO RELOCATE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO ACQUIRE IT?

Besides the obvious legal issues, I think I’d fly off in a heartbeat.

6. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOME.

I envision a tastefully decorated two-story house situated on a hill overlooking a city, but frankly I don’t really care as long as I’m the only person in it. Maybe I’d keep a dog. And a few cats. But no people. My family members can visit, but they can’t live in it. I’d give them a house too, if I’m that rich, but if we’re talking dream home, then it’s definitely one where I can be alone, literally.

7. IF YOU HAD TO BE AN ANIMAL, WHICH WOULD YOU BE?

I’m torn between a lynx and a wild mare. Or if they weren’t extinct, a saber-toothed tiger or an archaeopteryx.

8. IF YOU WERE INVISIBLE FOR A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Sneak into offices and record incriminating conversations that would give conclusive proof to public speculations of corruption, fraud, and/or corporate dishonesty. Or maybe I’d just spook the hell out of people who annoy me.

9. IF YOU WERE CHOSEN TO BE THE FIRST PERSON TO RELOCATE TO JUPITER, AND COULD ONLY BRING ONE PERSONAL ITEM, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

10. IF YOU HAD TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE ITS TITLE?

Stercus Accidit.

11. LOOKING BACK IN TIME, WHICH YEAR WOULD YOU HAVE WANTED TO LAST TWICE AS LONG?

I honestly can’t think of any year I’d want to last longer than it did.

12. IF YOU WERE TO RECEIVE AN AWARD THAT EVERYONE WOULD HEAR ABOUT, WHAT AWARD WOULD IT BE?

Nobel Prize for Literature. :))

13. IF YOU HAD TO LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY (FOR ALWAYS) WHERE WOULD YOU GO?

Wow. This is tough. I do expect I’d travel a lot in the future, but I’d always come back to the Philippines. But if I were to be exiled or something, then I’d go to Italy. That way I can take trains to other EU countries!

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THIS MORNING WHEN YOU WOKE UP?

Why is my sister’s dog sleeping beside me?

15. COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE: I AM THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WHO...

...is perpetually freaked out by the fact that the law (and society, for that matter) practically mandates women to take the surname of their husbands. Not that I have to worry about this personally, being agnostic, but still. It really does bother me a lot. I often try to think of ways to change this system.

16. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO MEET AND SPEND THE WHOLE DAY WITH? CAN BE SOMEONE FROM THE PAST.

I’d love to tag along with Hecate (of the Greek myth) for a spellbinding journey through the underworld. I also wouldn’t mind hanging out with Adolf Hitler, just to see what he really was like... You know, behind the fascist dictatorship and the genocide. Okay so that isn’t such a good idea. I’d also want to hang with Charles Dickens, Kurt Vonnegut, and Simone de Beauvoir. Sorry I can’t choose just one.

17. IF YOU HAD A MILLION DOLLARS WHAT WOULD YOU SPEND IT ON?

This is going to sound boring: Stock Investments.

18. IF YOU HAD TO BE A LIFELESS OBJECT FOR A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?

Barack Obama’s personal computer.

19. RANK ACCORDING TO IMPORTANCE FOR YOU PERSONALLY: FAME, POWER, GOOD LOOKS, RICHES. (RANK FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT.)

Power, riches, fame, good looks.

20. IF EVERYONE HAD TO PICK A NAME, WHAT WOULD YOURS BE?

Aha! A very relevant question. I’d pick Roseann!!! My real name, not what my darn birth certificate says!!! Hahahaha!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I have a Query card game at home, too. It's always fun to play it randomly. I never thought of putting my Query answers online, though! Kudos to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, this is good rosie. i like that "barack obama's personal computer" stuff. haha. sounds cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mico: post your answers too! XD

    kim: yeah, i mean, what if he has a journal in there where he keeps the big secrets? :))

    ReplyDelete