Friday, April 3, 2009

Random Post, No Actual Sense

" 'I'd like to find a woman to pose naked for a daguerrotype. Can you help me find one?' It was not easy to find nude models, though Louis had heard that artists in the studios around the Luxembourg Gardens were convincing street waifs to pose for a bowl of soup and a pinch of snuff. But he needed something more than the bared frame of a rag-and-match seller; he needed a high-blown frailty, something worthy of oblivion."

-Dominic Smith, The Mercury Visions of Louis Daguerre

***

It's officially the summer.
Another summer with nothing actually productive in store, thank you dad, for not letting me take a summer job. (Yes this is me seething.)

19 books left on the vacation reading list. I'm just going to continue reading now. And worrying about my grades.

On another note, why does the primetime news suck? Why devote a full six minutes to celebrity gossip? It's a complete waste of airtime.

I'll write something relevant next time. When I get over the post-hell month trauma.

2 comments:

  1. I'm required to take summer classes. Do you envy me? :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inez! Hey you. No... Hahaha. I would never take summer classes. You'd have to either pay me or threaten me with death. :))

    ReplyDelete