Friday, December 5, 2008

Greetings from the Main Library

I just want to tell you guys about something I saw in Shangri-la yesterday.

It made me laugh my head off.



That's right! For those of you who haven't seen yet, Häagen-Dazs has made a line of ice cream flavors dedicated to Twilight!!!

I especially couldn't get over the first one.

DAZZLED AT FIRST SIGHT.

Oh, boy.

It's just so bizarre.


They took it from a conversation, which went something like--

B: You shouldn't do that to people.
E: Do what?
B: You dazzle them!
E: Oh, Do I dazzle you?
B: Yes, you're dazzling me again!

--which is, oh, I don't know, is on the list of the cheesiest dialogues in history. This was actually one of the jokes my friends and I laughed about for days. Imagine my shock when I saw ice cream named in its honor.


THE KISS IN THE MEADOW is the piggy-back ride part. Hahaha. What in the world.

CLAIRE DE LUNE is great. Given the circumstances. It's the only non-laughter-inducing title.

They call it the "Taste of Twilight," by the way.

The book was bad enough, the movie I don't know yet, and ice cream is ice cream, but when you put it this way... Well... I don't think I'll be able to stomach the "taste of twilight" without guffawing.

(For those who actually want to bite into this, pardon the pun, it's available in all Häagen-Dazs outlets until December 20.)


Whatever shall they think of next?

I will hold my breath. I'm sure they'll think of something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment